- This event has passed.
Play Safe Community Summits
November 1 @ 5:50 pm - 8:00 pmFree
We want to hear from you about safe sport! Come be part of a facilitated discussion and help inform our future strategy.
About this event
We’ll explore the following topics in facilitated groups:
- What does “safe sport” mean to you?
- What challenges do you face in creating or experiencing a safe sport experience?
- Where do you get information about safe sport, and what information do you need? How can we get information and resources out to all of British Columbia?
- How can we all raise awareness of safe sport?
Mental health support will be available on site, and information will be distributed on how to access mental health support afterwards if needed.
Three evening sessions will be held, each in nine different locations, and will be delivered by the Regional Alliance. EVERYONE who participates in sport across BC is welcome to join!
- November 1, 2022 from 5:50-8:00pm – for youth athletes (approximately ages 12-23)
- November 2, 2022 from 5:50-8:00pm – for coaches and technical leaders
- November 3, 2022 from 5:50-8:00pm – for local sports organization leaders, staff, and volunteers
You can register for whichever location is best for you – your local Regional Alliance would love the chance to connect you.
Background information and resources about safe sport can be found on the viaSport website, at this link: https://www.viasport.ca/safe-sport